Saturday, March 7, 2015

So will I choose their delusions, And bring their fears on them; Because, when I called, no one answered, When I spoke they did not hear; But they did evil before My eyes, And chose that in which I do not delight.” (Isaiah 66:4 NKJV)

For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the LORD. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word. “He who kills a bull is as if he slays a man; He who sacrifices a lamb, as if he breaks a dog’s neck; He who offers a grain offering, as if he offers swine’s blood; He who burns incense, as if he blesses an idol. Just as they have chosen their own ways, And their soul delights in their abominations, So will I choose their delusions, And bring their fears on them; Because, when I called, no one answered, When I spoke they did not hear; But they did evil before My eyes, And chose that in which I do not delight.” (Isaiah 66:2-4 NKJV)

From the Strong's Concordance:
H8586: תעלולים (tah-al-ool')
from 5953; caprice (as a fit coming on), i.e. vexation; concretely a tyrant:--babe, delusion.

The Hebrew Alphabet paints an interesting word picture of what delusion (תעלולים) means in the Ancient Semitic...

If you don't obey God's Word with a broken and contrite heart you will end up like an impulsive baby pig that the farmer has tied by the neck, and is holding in place by a stake that he has driven in the ground. Like an impulsive baby pig, going around in the circle of your own deluded routine, until the day of your slaughter (judgment). 


Help me Holy Spirit, to live this new life in Christ Jesus, that the Heavenly Father has given me, with a poor and contrite heart before Your Word! In Jesus name I ask! Thank you, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment