Monday, August 17, 2015

“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,” I Peter 5:6 NKJV

“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,”

I Peter 5:6 NKJV

 This verse is saying that we are to be lowly of mind under the mighty hand of God! 

 As I was studying this passage, of 1 Peter 5:6, another passage came up that shed some light on this humbling of yourself. On this state of lowliness of mind. 

The passage was, 

“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 3:28 NKJV

We are all "One" in Christ Jesus!!! 

"One", is defined as, "Only" in the Greek.

All are now titled as "...only in Christ Jesus". 

"In Christ Jesus", 

is our new identity in life and our only identity in life."

Jesus said, 

“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.” 

Matthew‬ ‭28:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬. 

Everything that exists is under the authority of Christ Jesus. All are under His Hand, under His Power and Authority!!! No hand is mightier than His. When His hand humbles you, no other hand can exalt you. When His hand exalts you, no other hand can humble you. 

It seems to me that our humility is based on our established identity in Christ Jesus, by Christ Jesus. 

Are you a Jew?

No! I am in Christ Jesus!

Are you a Greek or gentile?

No! I am in Christ Jesus!

Are you an American?

No! I am in Christ Jesus!

Are you ____________? (Fill in the blank)

No! You are in Christ Jesus!

Is the person that I am thinking about a ______________? 

No! They are in Christ Jesus!

Is the person I am looking at a ____________? 

No! They are in Christ Jesus!

Is the person that I am holding a grudge and planning to get even with a __________?

No! They are in Christ Jesus!

Etc.

“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,”  I Peter 5:6 NKJV



No comments:

Post a Comment